Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal

This was so yummy and perfect for this dreary March morning.

1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 banana, mashed
1 tsp. cinnamon 
1 tsp. vanilla extract 
2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk

Preheat the oven to 350. Cook the oatmeal with the almond milk, cinnamon, and vanilla until it reaches your desired consistency. Add the mashed banana, making sure to stir thoroughly. Place the oatmeal in a bowl in bake in the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes (my oven tends run pretty hot) and let cool. Careful, the bowl is hot! I learned this the hard way, oops. 

I topped my oatmeal with sliced banana, a tbsp. of peanut butter, flaked coconut, and a sprinkle of flaxseed. It was out of this world good! 







1 comment:

  1. This looks really good, I'm excited to try it! I'm following you on instagram and thought I'd check out your blog. I just posted a recipe for protein pancakes you should check out too :) absolutelyamandablog.blogspot.ca

    looking forward to seeing more recipes!!!

    ReplyDelete