Friday, March 22, 2013

Vanilla French Toast

Breakfast is undoubtedly my favorite meal; I wake up excited to eat and spend the rest of the day dreaming about the following morning's meal. Pancakes, waffles, granola, yogurt - you name it, I love it. French toast is particularly great because its so easy and requires the simplest of ingredients but can also be dressed up if the occasion calls for it. 

Bread of choice
1 egg
Unsweetened almond milk
Vanilla extract
Cinnamon 

Soak bread (my favorite is cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread) in the egg mixture until both sides are fully absorbed. Cook in pan (I use coconut oil) until both sides are golden brown.

Serve with whatever toppings your heart desires - I topped one piece with warmed raspberries and flaked coconut and the other with peanut butter, banana, and flax seeds. 








No comments:

Post a Comment