Friday, April 12, 2013

Chia Overnight Oats

If you're anything like me, mornings tend to become rushed - before you know it, it's time to go and you can't find your right shoe and your lunch isn't packed yet etc. etc. etc. But the hectic nature of weekday mornings shouldn't affect the healthfulness or tastiness of your breakfast, because after all, it is the most important meal of the day.

Overnight oats in a jar are truly the perfect solution. Made the night before, they're ready to go in the morning and the fact that they're in a jar makes them a great portable meal.

1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 almond milk
1 tsp. chia seeds
1 tbsp. yogurt

Mix all ingredients together and transfer to a jar with a lid. Layer with anything - sliced banana, kiwi, strawberries, apples, more yogurt, nuts and seeds - you really can't go wrong! (I used homemade raspberry chia jam, yogurt, and banana.) If you're a chia seed person, use a whole tablespoon! I prefer less chia seeds myself, so I've settled on just using a teaspoon.

And please excuse these less-than-perfect photos, my camera charger seems to be missing so I had to use my iPhone. Oopsie!



2 comments:

  1. Looks Amazing! Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'd love to get you some Cuppows and BNTOs to play with! Drop us a line: support@cuppow.com

    ReplyDelete