Sunday, March 31, 2013

Raspberry Chia Jam

I know I say all my recipes are easy, but I promise this is the easiest of them all! It's just a matter of measuring, mixing, and eating - and I think we're all capable of that, right?

I made a really tiny batch because I wanted to make sure it turned out correctly (which it most certainly did), so feel free to multiply the recipe. 

1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1 tbsp. water
1 tbsp. chia seeds

Warm the raspberries in a bowl and mash with a fork until they are somewhat smooth. Then add water and chia seeds and stir, stir, stir! After everything is evenly distributed, place the mixture in a jar or some sort of container and place in the fridge for at least an hour or two so it can set. 

I don't think a sweetener is necessary, but if you're so inclined, I'm sure stevia or honey would work well. I'm so excited to try this on oatmeal and pancakes and anything else I can think of!





1 comment:

  1. how fast do i have to eat that jam? does it keep for several weeks?

    ReplyDelete