Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Toasted Coconut + Almond Granola


I love granola. Seriously. Probably a little too much. I especially love homemade granola, though, which makes it a little better, right? Let's hope so.

Anyway, this recipe is delicious and quick and - ideally - more user friendly in terms of sugar and fat content. 

2 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used almonds)
1/2 cup seeds (I used sunflower + pumpkin seeds)
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
2 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp flax seeds

Mix everything together in a big bowl with your hands - yes, it will be messy, but it's super fun! Spread the mixture evenly on a baking sheet and stick in the oven at 300 degrees F. Bake for about 20 minutes, stirring intermittently. I like my granola on the toasty side, so I left mine in for a little longer. Let cool and enjoy!








2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious!! I just made my own granola for the first time and I used this one for inspiration. If you'd like you can check out my recipe here www.vildagonzalez.blogspot.com

    Much love :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make my own granola very similar to this recipe! This particular recipe is in the oven as I type :)

    ReplyDelete