Sunday, May 5, 2013

Vegan Sweet Potato Pancakes

I have a confession to make. I hate sweet potatoes. I always have, and I've always felt left out from all the cute sweet potato recipes. So this morning, I decided to suck it up and give them another try, and I'm pleased to announce that this vegan sweet potato recipe was an all-around success!

1/2 cup oat flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cooked sweet potato
1/2 cup almond milk

Combine all the dry ingredients (I use a food processor because I grind my oat flour) then add mashed sweet potato and almond milk. Cook on medium heat in preferred oil (I use coconut) until they begin to bubble, then flip. I layered mine with banana and topped them with warmed berries and mango. Enjoy!










3 comments:

  1. This looks delicious, do you use agave maple syrup? or are they sweet enough by themselves?
    -Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made these.. THEY'RE SOO GOOD. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our world would be so much different if we each adopted the perception that "I am capable". Instead, too many of us refuse to even try. We are stifled by doubt and paralyzed by our fear. There is a tendency to give up when there appears to be no guarantee that our attempts will result in success.

    ilchi lee education

    ReplyDelete